Saturday’s in term time: 3:30pm-5:30pm Starting on 8th September through to 15th December, excluding half term
Who is this for?
Aimed at anyone in senior school, up to 18 years old, who writes or wants to learn to write songs. Whether you’re a singer who wants to broaden your horizons or a musician who wants to learn the skills to get your music heard.
- Learn song composition: how to build on basic chords
- Lyric writing: learn creative ways to tell your story, how to find inspiration and tips and tricks on how to finish writing the song.
- Musicianship: brush up on your theory, playing skills, learn a new instrument, play with other musicians.
- Technical skills: learn how to maximise use of programmes such as Garage Band, how to put together demos and record
- Improve performance: work with established performers to understand more about how to perform in front of an audience.
- The Music Business: understand more about the business side of Music: how to promote yourself and to manage releasing your music.
As well as there being performance opportunities throughout the year, the term will end with a showcase for friends and family, to road test the songs they have been working on.
Book below now or get in touch to discuss further, flexible payment plans: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07515 271514. Book for the whole term by 31st July to receive a discount. See below for details.
Davey Hal – Professional musician, actor and songwriter. Davey regularly plays gigs around the town, along with writing and releasing his own music. You can also find Davey treading the boards once a year as part of the ‘Improvised Panto’ with local improve group.
Louisa Strachan – Professional vocal coach, songwriter and singer: Louisa works with singers to develop them both vocally and as artists and has lots of experience performing in bands and in the Theatre.
Nicola Collis - Professional musician, guitar coach and songwriter: Nicola trained in songwriting at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music. She can be seen playing gigs regularly around Southend, playing both covers and her own original music.